Sarah Keenihan is a freelance science writer, editor and copywriter based in Adelaide, South Australia. She has a passion for science, not just because it’s useful and can solve problems, but because it’s full of wonder and stories of human endeavour and discovery. She finds it immensely satisfying crafting scientific content that can be enjoyed by a broad audience.
Sarah has a Bachelor of Medical Science with honours, a PhD and a Graduate Diploma in Sciences Communication, and established her writing business in early 2012 after 15 years working in immunology research and science communication in Australia and Indonesia.
Sarah works for many different clients across the academic, government and private sectors, including writing news stories and feature articles, creating copy for brochures, newsletters, websites, articles and annual reports, and running writing and social media workshops for scientists. She also produces a blog ScienceforLife.365, which she started as a daily writing commitment in 2012 and continues at a less frequent rate now. You can also find her on twitter as @sciencesarah
This month, Sarah is working on:
- Building a fun, active and interesting website at Inspiring South Australia
- Copywriting email and web content for a South Australian IT client
- Working with Science in Public on Fresh Science 2016 and other stories
- Writing news stories for TechinSA (previously BioSA)
- Reviewing science, technology and health books for The Advertiser